Graduate Backend Developer
Full-Time, London UK
Entia is an award-winning medical device technology company. Entia’s purpose is to make life-changing health conditions easier to live with by enabling treatment and management to take place at home.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we are looking for a graduate backend developer to join our new software team. You will play a key part in creating a cloud backend that will change the way people receive care for life-changing conditions by connecting their home to the hospital.
You will work collaboratively with an R&D team of designers, engineers and product managers developing a product that will allow patients to manage a chronic condition at home. User-centred design is at the heart of how we work, so you’ll also have the opportunity to develop your user research and insight skills.
What You'll Do:
- Work with our backend developer to create from scratch a backend platform that will connect our products in the home, our analytics platform and the hospital.
- Define and architect a solution that will eventually scale to connect systems around the globe.
- Be part of an extremely capable team that will transform connected healthcare through the cloud.
- Someone who enjoys taking responsibility for their own tasks as well as producing high-quality work as part of a team.
- Great at building relationships and connecting across technical, product and creative cultures
- A team player able to balance tasks across multiple projects and happy to collaborate with others.
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and creative team members.
- Resourceful, with a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback that helps people and products to improve.
- Passionate about the quality of your work
- Open, transparent and collaborative
- Self-motivated and happy to take ownership of your tasks
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
You Must Have:
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python (3), Go, C/C++, C#.
- Excellent software testing skills.
- A meticulous approach to documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of modern software development processes.
- Experience of designing schema for SQL databases.
- Experience in designing web APIs.
- Experience in using containers and container orchestration.
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps
- Experience of using Git.
Ideally, You Will Have:
- Experience in building RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of how to design schema for NoSQL.
What We Can Offer:
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people.
- We encourage and support professional development, and internal career progression to see every Entia employee achieve their greatest potential.
- Regular team-building company events - monthly team lunches, international team trips and more.
- A well-stocked fridge, biscuits and fruit as well as endless tea and coffee to keep us going throughout the day.
- Time to be inspired e.g. attending conferences, talks or exhibitions.
- Collaborations with world-leading research institutions and companies.
- The opportunity to work on a product that could improve the lives of millions of people.
- Learning how to develop software rapidly in a heavily regulated industry
- Being part of a growing company where you’ll learn and gain responsibilities quickly
- A state of the art 3D printer and a kitted out workshop to quickly prototype ideas and hack something together.
Please provide a cover letter and CV.